Report site bugs here

BlackTap

@Background Pony #A8E5
I have the same problem. Apparently Roskomnadzor has blocked access to the image hosting service used by Derpibooru, at least I think so. It’s sorta like the same blocking that prevents you from seeing pictures on DeviantArt or avatars on Youtube. Everything works great with VPN, tho.
But I’m also interested to know if there is a way to solve this block problem… Constantly turning on VPN can be exhausting, ugh.
mdashlw
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@BlackTap
I can confirm that derpicdn.net is unreachable for me and looks like most of Russia. It is possible to bypass. E.g. on Windows, easy options are GoodbyeDPI or Cloudflare Warp. If you want further help, dm me.
Background Pony #62CA
Following up from here, because it’s going off-topic on a tangent.
There are some more undocumented search fields:
pixels (numeric)
size (numeric, bytes)
animated (boolean)
duration (numeric, seconds)
first_seen_at (date/time)
updated_at (date/time)
file_name (literal)
And then a couple that most people would never need:
processed (boolean) surprisingly, there are a few dozen old unprocessed posts
thumbnails_generated (boolean)
Aurora Glide

For more than a day now, several site functions have not been working for me, on several browsers.
These include:
  • images not displaying at all, no matter which image; both the previews and the “View” button still work normally, though
  • tab switching not working: for instance, I can’t switch to the “Preview” tab when commenting, and I can’t access most of the setting tabs
  • tag editing, as well as the ability to quick-add tags to a filter, being absent
Basically, everything involving javascript, I think.
However, javascript is on, and does work on other websites. Nothing is blocked by any sort of filter. Also, the site doesn’t give me the “no javascript” warning.
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Aurora Glide
Apart from the pics refusing to load and even that being rather rare, never had it nearly as bad as you describe.
^ Try opening the dev tools panel (F12 on non-Mac systems on Chrome/Chromium and probly Firefox), open the console tab, check the settings in that tab that it’ll show all messages, then force refreshing the page without a cache (CTRL-F5 on non-Mac systems). That should give you a little more info on what’s wrong.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@Aurora Glide
Heya! You appear to be using an old browser version, according to what I can see in our server logs. Would you be so kind as to inform us of the exact OS version and browser version you’re using so we can investigate why things aren’t working? Your browser theoretically should be supported in production deployment (definitely isn’t supported in development mode deployment), so I wanna find out why it isn’t and if I can do anything to help it.
In the meantime, try to find a browser that’s a bit more modern (anything released in 2020 and beyond will be guaranteed to work), to alleviate your immediate issue while we determine whether we can fix your older browser’s support of the site.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@Princess Celestia
UPDATE: I have tested Chromium (Chrome) versions 67, 87, 84, 80 and 79 to determine the lowest-possible version where the JS doesn’t break. The results:
Chrome 84 (mid-2020) and 87 (late 2020) and newer = everything works perfectly, no errors in JS, no visual bugs
Chrome 80 (early 2020) = no errors in JS and normal site displays fine, but redesign layout is a bit derped as it uses some newer CSS features like gap in flexboxes
Chrome 79 and 67 = JS errors, site doesn’t work or load properly
Background Pony #C7BB
@Princess Celestia
Any chance you could get derpibooru to support outdated software.
I have an iPod touch from 2018 running IOS 12.5.7
I can get on the website, but images are blank and I can’t upload, comment
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide