Retiring the "Futa" tag, and disambiguating transgender tags

Silver Midnight
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

💙💛Meow~💛💙
I personally think the “Futa” tag shouldn’t be removed, as there are lots of futa ponies who aren’t transes, nor hermaphrodites, as they are mares born with cocks but no pussies. It’s acceptable to add “Gynomorph” and “Andromorph” tags for feminine and masculine characters, but without retiring the existing tags. Although, it seems to me that this would be redundant
But, some changes should be made:
  1. “Futa” and “Trans female” tags should both imply “Female”
  2. “Cuntboy” and “Trans male” tags should both imply “Male”
  3. Sexual/romantic interactions between females should always be tagged as “Lesbian”, regardless of genitalia
  4. Sexual/romantic interactions between males should always be tagged as “Gay”, regardless of genitalia
  5. Sexual/romantic interactions between females and males should always be tagged as “Straight”, regardless of genitalia
After all, it’s illogical and discriminating that mares can’t be tagged as “Female” and “Lesbian” even though they are, same for stallions. Plus, a bunch of “Futa/cuntboy on x” and “x on futa/cuntboy” tags are confusing, it would be so much easier to search and filter with the standard “Lesbian”, “Gay” and “Straight” tags. As for those who don’t like futas and cuntboys, they can just filter those tags
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
as there are lots of futa ponies who aren’t transes
Over 90% of related images are this case
nor hermaphrodites
The original meaning.
As for that numbered list, you’re asking for not only a headache and a half for everyone involved. The current tagging paradigm works. It’s not confusing. x on y is x = “dom/top” and y = “sub/bottom”. It’s the furthest from confusing as it gets.
it’s illogical and discriminating
It’s not. It’s discerning and granular, and allows for complete filtering/searching of specific pairings.
Silver Midnight
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

💙💛Meow~💛💙
As for that numbered list, you’re asking for not only a headache and a half for everyone involved. The current tagging paradigm works. It’s not confusing. x on y is x = “dom/top” and y = “sub/bottom”. It’s the furthest from confusing as it gets.
It’s not. It’s discerning and granular, and allows for complete filtering/searching of specific pairings.
Okay, let’s say I want to find all lesbian arts. How am I supposed to do that? Just type “Lesbian”? But that’ll only display regular mares, not futas. “Lesbian OR futa”? That’ll show solo futas and futas with stallions. The only workable option, I’d have to search for “Lesbian OR futa on futa OR futa on female OR female on futa”. Is that really not confusing?
Silver Midnight
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

💙💛Meow~💛💙
@Brokedownandmadeone
Nah, that’ll just show pictures with multiple mares, whereas “Lesbian” implies “Females liking females romantically/sexually”, plus, there are tons of solo images here without the “Solo” tag, not everyone uses it
mdashlw
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

@Brokedownandmadeone
This query is kinda wrong. “Lesbian OR futa on futa OR futa on female OR female on futa” appears to be the correct way to find all lesbian images. I don’t think there should be such a disconnect between what’s lesbian and what the tag “lesbian” applies to.
Silver Midnight
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

💙💛Meow~💛💙
@mdashlw
Actually, even “Lesbian OR futa on futa OR futa on female OR female on futa” won’t help completely, as it’ll only show sexual interactions involving futas, not romantic ones. So, finding all lesbian art is almost impossible with the current tagging system. But at least that’s the closest query to a correct one that can be made now
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Silver Midnight
Perhaps, for those who wish to coom to cis ponies only, we introduce three new tags: superstraight, supergay, and superlesbian. The problem, however, is that this site already has 3 million images in its collection and finding queries to mass tag all those is probably infeasible.
Brokedownandmadeone
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Silver Midnight
It just occurred to me that you could just do -lesbian,-straight,-solo if you’re looking for exclusively “alt” stuff. Although if you’ve got the kind of brain built for heavy imagination, I don’t see why you couldn’t just imagine any female in a safe image as a futa, as futa would by nature have to be suggestive-tier in order to be easily identified.
@Silver Midnight
The missing tags will always be an issue. If you as a user want better tagging, you’ll need to put in some of your own effort to help out or hire others in your place. As for the search, my earlier suggestion is the closest you’ll get due to the nature of my above and below point-outs. But the search (female OR futa),-male,-solo,(shipping?) works out fine for romantic scenarios.
@mdashlw
My search wasn’t off. Mine covers cases where it’d be missing the x on y tags as well, and other images where the action isn’t happening yet after thinking on it just now.
@🐴
Hah.
Blackie Wiremane
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Kody's dark side
Yeah, E621’s tag system is quite sophisticated. I would advise to follow them and not to imply “male”/“female” for futa/intersex tags. That’s what they are: intersex.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide